Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

"Fear not for the future, weep not for the past"


Hello Friends and Family!

We hope this blog post finds you and yours in good spirits for the upcoming year. December has been a busy month for us with shopping, baking, cooking, Christmas pageants, and Christmas concerts to name a few. I apologize now to those of you still waiting for your cards, luckily they say Happy New Year also. I am still getting used to working full time again and running the house, its been a big change for us all....and to top it off on the 3rd I start a different adventure. Rocky Mountain Eye was not for me. Too many Dr's too many patients. I found out fast that I would not know the patients on a personal level..it reminded me of a cattle ranch. "bring em in bring em out" it was a lot about production which I am not used to. I am used to knowing the patients, their families and them knowing me on a somewhat personal level. Rocky Mountain is a place with WONDERFUL Dr's who know what they are doing but I wanted more. You can imagine my surprise when there was a job in the paper for an Optician with a small 1 Dr eye clinic in town. I brought by my resume and without the interview (thanks to my friend Stacey knowing the office manager) was hired. More pay, better flexibility, smaller office I couldn't turn them down.

The girls are doing great. Jorga loves her school as does Tija. St Joesph had their annual Christmas concert where Tijanna played a violin solo. We still get stopped by families saying she stole the show. We are very proud of her.

Jorga also had a Christmas Pageant at St Joseph they did the 12 days of Christmas. She was the best "Lords a Leaping" we've ever seen. See her below in the red sweater. I unfortunately missed her first school production due to work. I was heart broken but when I told my new employer about missing it I was told that would NEVER happen as long as I worked there. That made me VERY happy.


As most of you locals know, each December we open the Dupont Family Bakery (yep, this is what we named it) we spend the entire weekend making Christmas Treats, we all play a roll.

I do a little bit of everything but I do the almond cookies and butter cookies mostly

Aaron is the Rosette maker
Jorga does sprinkles
Tija does the dipping
Tijanna also played at the mall. She is in front behind the stand. Her friend Stephanie is next to her.
One of the many Christmas art projects we get...we love them! This is Tijanna's foot and hands.

Stephanie (Tijannas friend from above) is in the local ice skating club. She invited us to her premiere show, she is doing wonderfully.

We did something different this year for Christmas. We rented a cabin up Rock Creek with our friends the Jansens. Its only sixteen miles up the interstate and an 8 mile drive in but the snow was lovely, the house was perfect.
Tija, Jojo and Taylor Jansen
I have the best friends ever. Amy bought me the perfect gift....a hands free soap dispenser!

Look behind me and notice the painting of the moose. That was Amy's gift from us. Aaron did it for her to match the horse one he did her last month. I think I showed it in the previous blog.
Santa found us even though we were not home. He loved the cookies the girls left out, he even decorated the house and brought a small Christmas tree from our house with some of our ornaments from their big tree back home. He also added some new ornaments for the girls. They were so happy to have a tree Christmas day.
The big guy was very good to our family this year


Santa brought Just Dance for Taylor and Just Dance 2 for us we had a blast!

Amy, Jorga and Stella taking a snooze...so much work opening those presents








Thanks for much for being in our lives this past year. We appreciate and love every one of you.

Happy New Year!

0 comments: