It seems to be getting busier and busier in our household lately. School is definitely in full swing, in fact the first quarter is O-V-E-R. Jorga is settling in nicely in St Joseph pre-school after a rough first week. Tijanna is busy with all after school activities that seem never ending. Violin, Piano, First Reconciliation/First Communion classes, Girl Scouts. You name it we have something after school everyday. Jorga is also begging to begin violin. I will try starting her at the first of the year after I start my new job.
The first Girl Scout meeting was a field trip to P.E.A.S Farm. It is a community farm run by university students. Every spring a few families get the chance to buy into the organic farm. If the crops are plenty-ful you get part of your fresh veggies weekly, the other part of your "put in" is donated to families in need so they can benefit from the fresh veggies. This is one of the many reasons I love Zootown.This is the root cellar which also grows veggies on the roof
Tija and Gracie her friend from school and fellow Girl Scout
http://www.gardencityharvest.org/quick_links/csa.htmlOur neighbors are GREAT Halloween decorators. He starts October first and still has not stopped. At night, its amazing. I will post a picture next week.
We have been to the Jansen house for football games twice this year. Of course the girls don't do football so they played a game of Twister on this Saturday
Once again, we have begun another project. The stairs were carpeted, but those of you who have carpeted stairs you know what a bother it is to try and vacuum. So we ripped it up and plan on putting skirting all the way up and painting them, It will look great and we are excited.
The girls didn't have school two days last week. Taylor came over one day to play, I still brought Jorga to school because I thought 5 days without going to pre-school would make it harder come Tuesday so I thought a day with Tijanna and Taylor was best. We took a walk/bike ride to the new parks up the road.
Taylor taught Tija new tricks
Tijanna was lucky enough to take a workshop last Saturday from a professor who studied with THE Dr. Suzuki. He was wonderful and will be back this summer to do a week long work shop. We hope to get Tija signed up. The concert that evening was my favorite yet.
Tijanna is in the front in the white sweater 2nd from the leftWE LOVE PUMPKIN CARVING WEEK!
Below is a taste of the music we heard Saturday. Tijanna did well, sorry you cant actually see her playing I had the worst angle possible to record my child.
Its going to be busy. I have been working a couple hours a week at my old job . I start my new job Monday (wish me luck). Jorga is liking school more and more each day which makes us all happy. Her sister was VERY worried for her the first week. Aaron is still hanging in there at JCM but its nerve wrecking him being the only other architect left besides the principal architect. We know what ever is handed to us we will deal with and God will provide.
Until Next week! Love to ALL of you.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Music Fills the Air
Posted by Ball of Fire at 3:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Oh my I know my Tijanna wa the very best violinist. She plays beautifully and I know JoJo will be good too. When do I get to hear Tija play piano?
Post a Comment