Hello all!
Hope the winter weather where you are is getting you all in the spirit of the upcoming Christmas holiday. Missoula has been VERY cold to say the least, we have even been one of the coldest in the state a couple of days this week. Our coldest day was -52 (with wind chill) Tijannas school did not go out for recess Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday this week because of wind chills. Today was warm in Montana standards...a balmy 20 degrees. I hope you all received your cards and have them all out this year. I apologize if you were actually looking forward to a letter this year from us, but I figure if you read this blog, you kind of know what our life is like on a weekly basis anyway. I sure missed writing it, its always nice to reflect on the past year and I think you may be receiving a letter next year anyway. I also decided to give you the run down of things in our life this past year on this blog just in case you missed a couple posts...I know in the hustle and bustle of what we all call life, its easy to slip by and not check the blog each time its updated.
Aaron still works for JCM Architecture here in town and still loves his profession of choice. We always look forward to hear what new building or business is coming to our ever growing city. This year, he worked on the new Montana Club Butte, Montana. For those of you who have never eaten at any of the Montana Club Missoula's your missing out! Stop by some time the food is great, he also worked on a custom home on Flathead Lake, Cafe Dolce opened this fall to the long awaiting town of Missoula, and just last month Red Robin made its first appearance to the mall here in town. He is quite proud as are we of all he does, and we thank God everyday we actually get to see some of his artistic masterpieces unlike some of his buddies who work for very large firms and may never see their designs from start to finish. Things just started to slow down for JCM and Aaron will actually be working only 35 hours per week until further notice (hopefully only a couple of months) but we are trying to look at it as a way for him to buckle down on the studying for his boards we both have put off the past six months. I will also have some time during the day to get back to work on my Transcription Certificate. Things may be tight for awhile but as I said we hope to accomplish what we havent been able to otherwise.
Tijanna stated school this fall at St. Joseph Catholic Elementary. SHE LOVES SCHOOL!! She is very smart and we always have great reports on her. She is way ahead of the rest of her class already. She is learning things, I know she wouldn't otherwise at one of the public schools here in town. She has begun reading and is a wiz at it, she writes her letters nearly perfectly, she is learning manners (which I know is not a class at Paxon Elementary here in town) and she has theology. She actually comes home excited to teach me about the Bible. She prays twice a day in class, they have an all school prayer service Monday mornings and a Mass once a month. Parents are always welcome to attend. Tijanna also took soccer this past spring and loved it, she is excited for spring again. She is also in ballet again. She had her first dance recital in June where 10 family members made the trek to see her tap! She was beautiful and good. She was moved up to a class which is normally for 6-9 year olds but I must say she is at the top of that class also. She will kill me should she read this some day but Tijanna also has a HUGE crush on Tommy "a little light haired boy" in her class. OHHH HERE WE GO!
Jorga....what else can I say? Jorga is....well...Jorga. There is no one else like that girl. She is bossy, loud, loves people, animals and anything else that breathes or doesn't for that matter. She is always into mischief. Her new nickname is Stealth...she does everything, fast, and out of sight. She is outgoing high fiving all who give her the time of day and screams for those who don't until they notice her. I call my mother a few times a week with a story about Jorga and I can feel her trying not to laugh...I know she is just praising GOD for giving me a piece of my own medicine.
I on the other hand had been busy since March trying for my certificate in Medical Transcription hoping to do something for a little extra cash here at home. In August I finally faced up to the fact I was pregnant and that could be why I was so tired....AND SICK ....AGAIN! I quit working on the transcription thing...unfortunately the pregnancy ended in the 16th week and it was quite hard on the whole family. I am now looking forward to beginning 2009 ready to get going on the whole school thing again. I love staying home with Jorga, we play all day.. I sometimes feel like I have done nothing..I love to volunteer for Tija's class when I can and still sometimes feel like I should be doing more. WOW, now I know how all mothers feel. Someone once told me you never feel as though your doing enough.
We are staying home for Christmas and will host my side of the family...if it quits snowing. Last year everyone but Aaron, Tija, Jorga and I were in the hospital with my dad. We are all looking forward to giving thanks for the blessings and each other this Christmas!
We hope your as thankful as we are for your blessings this past year. We are thankful for you. May you and your families be blessed additionally in the coming year, keep in touch.
Love, The Duponts
Aaron, Kris, Tijanna and Jorga
Here is "Stealth"...she got a piece right after I took the picture.
We decided to get out for the really cold weather and first snow last Saturday...Here are my girls all bundled up.
Tijannas first snow angel 2008
Jorga was able to help this year!
The finished product's
Aaron for some reason had ALWAYS done the JCM Christmas cards..(even when he was their draftsman 8 years ago) This year was no different.
Tija loved Ella too!



0 comments:
Post a Comment