Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Few VERY Happy Birthday's and a Hike

Well...I'm back on the wagon at least for now. September was a busy month. School is in full swing and the germs are flying everywhere but the Dupont house at least until today it appears the first cold is making its rounds in the house beginning with our school girl who is usually the LAST one sick........



Our Jorga Sue turned 2 on September 6th! We cant believe she has been a part of our lives already this long. What a joy she has brought to our lives. If you look back in the blog 2 years ago we were awaiting a little boy named Breckin....instead we got a Jorga and she is beautiful..smart...and the life of all parties at this house. She talks more and more each day. We are already getting to the point where I enjoy her company, we may get a little conversation in now and then and EVERYTHING in this big big world makes her eyes get bigger with excitement. We woke her up early on her birthday to open presents from mom, dad and Tija.



She has a thing for puppys..I found this cake in my recipe box and knew it was the one I had to do....I took a stab at it and I think it turned out great for being a little last minute.






We also took a long awaited hike to the "L." Tija has been asking all summer but as most of you know we have been quite busy with the move...vacation and all those other summer fun activities you must get into your agenda in about 10 weeks.








We also went to Oliver Hansen's birthday party. Oliver is the son of Tyler and Hallie. Tyler works with Aaron. Oliver who turned 3...LOVES Tijanna and Jorga and invited them to his wild animal themed party...and yes there were REAL wild animals there.












We have been busy decorating the new house...Jorga's room is purple and Tijanna's room has a "Paris" theme in pink and black...we started the painting Aaron did the Eiffel Tower I am painting some french words on her wall...here is a starter picture of Aarons work...more pictures will come along as we finish BOTH rooms.


My cousin Kit...who is only 3 weeks younger than I came over for a birthday celebration of his own and dinner. Kit is going to the tech school here in Zoo town and had no plans for his day so we had him over. The girls never get enough of singing to people.


Tijanna's school had their annual Jog A Thon fundraiser. for 3 weeks they raise money and then they run around a track to earn those pledges. Each Friday there is a prize assembly for the kids and prizes are given away to those who earn money. Each year there is a theme. This years theme was "Shiver Me Tennies" I helped out at the prize assemblies and of course I dressed like a pirate wench arghhhhhh!








The week of Jog A Thon is also Spirit Week. Monday was PJ Day, Tuesday is Hat Day, Wednesday was Pirate Day , Thursday is GRIZ Day and Friday is Jog A Thon T Shirt Day!








The BIG DAY...............




Jellybean ran 19 laps and raised $200 for her school! That is just under 4.5 miles in 1 1/2 hours!! WAY TO GO JELLYBEAN!!!


Even though we were tired from the sunny day and Tija was tired from all that running we went to the Loyola Homecoming game that night.






We went to the Saturday Farmers Market and paid market price for some Hucks....I made my moms famous "Hucklebuckle"....or Huckleberry Cobbler to you and I....YUMMMM It was my first attempt and a prosperous one.


We also made a trip to the Missoula Maze............We had a hard time finding our way out...


Just kidding..that was the little kids maze....here is the larger and harder one....

BUT we found our way out! We then headed to the petting zoo....









Jorga and I joined Tijanna's class on the first field trip of the year...We went to Fort Missoula to make apple cider..mmmmmm

The entire 1st grade...


Tijanna...Jorga and Ella..........








Here it comes...





This past weekend we made to trip to Idaho to see our nephew (cousin) to play his senior homecoming football game. Tanner also got senior homecoming prince! Idaho looked much more like autumn than Montana.
Taylor all football faned out.

It poured rain about 10 minutes before the game was to start
It began to lightning so they delayed the game 30 more minutes while us fans sat in the downpour.......
Game on....
the prince during halftime....my camera has been dropped a few too many times in the year since I bought it...sorry for the blurriness. They won!! GO SPARTANS!
For a housewarming gift Nana..(mom) bought us a new patio set...too bad we are expecting snow tonight...its now put away at least the girls and the neighbor kids got to sit at it for an afternoon. We will probably have it up late in the spring after the new deck is in...but we cant wait to have our next bbq.
Well. Again I apologize that this took so long. A lot more is happening just wait and see! until next week!.....hopefully.

0 comments: