Hello all! Hope you are all well. Things have been busy lately. In fact too busy to snap pictures. About a month ago we got the urge to try for our first home. We have been on the wagon twice before only to scare ourselves out of it. We know this home is not forever but knew we would need that starter home in order to afford one later here in Missoula. Missoula is only one of two cities in MT not affected by the recession as bad as other towns. Therefore home prices have stayed the same and first time home buyers are many. This means you have to jump on them when they come or you could loose it. It also means the homeowners aren't dealing any which we found out fast. We have exactly 11 days to pack up until we move because we leave for an 11 day vacation on Wednesday. We will have 4 days when we get back until we close and hopefully have our keys.
This morning we rolled out of bed bright and early to watch the Missoula Marathon. We knew at least two people who ran. Aarons friend Kevin ran the 1/2 marathon and my cousin Vanessa's husband John ran the full marathon with hopes of qualifying for the Boston Marathon. Everyone did VERY WELL. I am having troubles today downloading pictures but got John's on here. I don't know his exact time but he came in just under 3:30!!! Way to go JOHNNY BOY! All I know is if I were to run my time would be sometime this evening.....
Here is our first home. 3 bedroom 2 baths. I don't care for the color or the landscaping but those are all improvements we can make as we go along. It was built in 2004 so the furnace, roof, siding, and all the stuff that eats up your money should be good until we are ready to sell in a few years.
Well like I said we head to our much awaited vacation on Wednesday afternoon. We will drive to Coeur d' alene to stay with my little sis Nik, go visit Nana in the hospital who will be in for her 2nd knee surgery on Tuesday. WAY TO GO NANA for working hard after your surgery in May! Her doctors were sure she would not be ready for another year but she worked very hard in PT to get this far. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for an equally quick recovery with no complications. 


2 comments:
Oh my Peach, you are so smart and so beautiful, even on the potty! Great pic of the new house. I'm so excited for all of you and very proud too that my Dupont girls will each have their own space.
Hugs and kisses.
Nana
I'm a bit jealous that you're leaving diapers behind and I'm not :) She looks small sitting on the toilet! Congrats on your new home- it's great to be homeowners, hope your move goes well, we'll be sympathizing!
Post a Comment