Friday, March 20, 2009

Kudos!

As a few of you who I've had the pleasure of working with know, I am known for some silly reason for being the designated "letter writer" in my past work places. Well I am still getting much practice here at home. It seems like I am always writing a letter of some kind to a company for a horrible purchase I made, customer service issues, or in some cases to give them kudos for their wonderful product. I figure most businesses don't hear when people are UNHAPPY as often as they should, usually we just go around and bash their places of business instead. I feel they have the right to know why I will or will not be coming back. I also think its important to let them know EXACTLY what they need to do about my issues..otherwise I still don't get what I want and bash them anyway.



Almost two years ago I bought over $300 in dishes from Macy's. They were beautiful...I chipped my first plate taking them out of the boxes. Thinking it was my silliness, I went on using the dishes within two years I had chipped or broken EVERY plate, saucer, bowl, and mug (10 of each in all). I then began to think...I wonder if others are having the same luck. Just two weeks ago I was dishing Tija up on one of the smaller plates, they were square shaped, she was holding on two opposite corners and it broke out from under her..in the exact places she was holding it. This was the last straw. To top it off I was never able to figure out why with just 15 seconds in the microwave the dishes were ALWAYS so hot I needed a pot holder to take them out but to no avail the food was still ice cold. I went online to find out that these dishes are sold ONLY by Macy's. I also found many comments about the dishes on their website exactly like mine, that they were easily broken, and other people had the same reheating experiences also.

I went to work writing an email to Macy's regarding my experience with their dishes. At the end of my letter, I asked Macy's to exchange the dishes for Fiestaware. I surprisingly got a call within 3-4 days from Missoula Macy's store manager Brian. He said bring my dishes in and he would be more than happy to give me store credit for ALL TEN place settings I either had chipped or broken. Needless to say I was in Macy's the next day picking out my new Fiesta dishes. Below are pictures of my purchase I wished I'd made almost 2 years ago.

One more thing I should say...the ladies helping me seemed to understand EXACTLY what I was talking about when I told them what happened. It was nice to be validated. THANK YOU MACY'S!!








As most of you know I have had a heck of a time keeping Tija's eczema under wraps. My poor baby has the hardest time, its very painful for her and terribly itchy. I keep only the best lotions on hand and use them several times a day on her as well as steroid cremes. Her teacher even helps us by putting the lotions on her at school.
I recently was in Target...yet again purchasing Eucerin lotion. Eucerin is terribly expensive, you get about 2 oz's for about $8. 2 oz lasts us about 1-2 weeks. I saw they had this formula that was for anti itch and I bought it thinking the less I have to give her Benedryl the better if only I have to give it to her at bedtime this would be great!
I went home and put it on her along with a new package of hydrocortizone creme and she IMMEDIATELY started screaming! I put her in the shower and put what I had left of the old bottle. The next morning thinking it was the mixture of the two cremes the night before I put only the lotion on. She again started to cry, I had to wipe the lotion off with a wet cloth..I began to think I was the worst mom EVER!
I wrote the company telling them what happened. I didn't think I would ever hear from them. A week later I received a sample of all their lotions (not the one below of course) a letter promising they would follow up on why this happened, and my $8 back!
Kudos to the company who makes Eucerin!

I do plan on sending letters to both companies Thanking them for making good on their PR and product guarantees.
Lots happening this weekend! Look out for the post.
See you Sunday!



1 comments:

John, Vanessa, Jack and Ella Nasset said...

I think you'll love your Fiestaware! We sure do! We have two sets...one in AK and one in MT...we're going to send our AK ones down when we move, so that we can have an extra large set for entertaining =)...