Hi all!
As the title says.. we have had a few weeks of ups and downs. Ironically it's been quite busy so life went on as usual no matter how we've been feeling. We all have had an awful cold going around and I had a bit of bad luck myself in regards to my back.
St. Joseph School had their annual Valentines Carnival. Aaron and I were both scheduled to work in order to get our required 20 volunteer hours. I was to work the fishing booth for 2 hours and Aaron was to help with clean up 2 hours. That afternoon I went to pick up Tija at school. I got Jorga out of the car sat her down and knew IMMEDIATELY I hurt my back. For those of you who are fortunate to have never known this pain it's like NO OTHER. I have a bad back anyway so this is, I hate to say a too often feeling for me. I had not done anything like this for 5 years and 5 years ago I was flat on my back for a week and not "pain free" for months. I know....I know .....but as many mothers can tell you no matter how you try....there are times its' practically impossible to lift or put down your child the "right way" especially when you have a worm like I do.
Needless to say I thought I would be down the whole weekend and sent my family off to the Valentines Carnival without me. I felt bad, I was looking forward to eating food from Sushi Hana, playing a little bingo and watching my kids at their first school carnival. I talked myself through it and decided to go. I felt fine until I got in the car afterwards and wondered if I would be able to get out once I got home. I barely got out, I crawled up the stairs into the house and spent the remainder of the weekend at home. Makes for a great Valentines weekend. NOT! The dinner I was planning on making my husband never happened. I forced myself to make his chocolate souffle which I must say was divine! Sunday my chiropractor called me and I went in while Tijanna attended a birthday party. I am much better now and starting to get back to my normal self.
Below are pictures of the carnival.
Aaron surprised all his girls with flowers, this is Jorga after she got hers!
Aarons sister Becki got a ride into town Valentines day and spent the day visiting her girls. Tija and Jorga love their Aunt Becki. We had a nice visit.
Aaron delivered Tijannnas to her at school.. she was upset when I picked her up because everyone was touching them all day... they looked a little sick by days end, but she was the only kindergartner who got a dozen roses.
We had a nice Sunday and decided to brave the park for about 1/2 hour.. it was still a bit cold.
Jorga likes to wear everyone elses shoes but her own around the house...these are Aarons.



2 comments:
It means alot to me to see the recent pics of my Duponts. Love Mom
Hi there, your girls are growing so fast, especially Jorga! I lost your domain address there for a while, glad to have it again. Hope your back is feeling better Kristin, it's no fun when Mom's out of commission! I wish all of our snow would melt and we could go to the park!
Post a Comment