Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving and Crafts!

Hello All! We hope you are already losing that Thanksgiving weight and getting yourselves ready for the Christmas holiday. We have been busy getting ourselves ready for Christmas a little earlier this year. I finished the Christmas Cards, The annual Tijanna and Jorga Christmas Ornament, we have also been busy decorating...I finished yesterday. We have been quite crafty to say the least. Below are the pictures.....

We woke up this past week to a skiff of snow on the ground, our first this year...it only lasted until afternoon, even with the low temps but was a nice reminder we may not see the ground much longer. It feels like we had a short summer, and fall this year...we didn't even get a spring, the last snow was in June for those of you who don't remember. I am not sure I am ready yet for cold but Aaron and Tija are excited to hit the slopes.




We made a trip to the store and came home with this gingerbread house. Aaron and Tija do one each year together. It turned out great and was a good couple hours of fun for the whole family.


My only touch was the smoke coming out of the chimney...

For the past two months, Aaron and I stay up at night a few days a week cutting and tracing out this years ornaments the kids send to grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. This year I decided which ornament the girls would do and didn't figure it would take too long....months,days and hours later we finally finished this week!


Now that Tija is in school she brings home scholastic book sales and also a scholastic type book program with a christian flare, I ordered her and her cousins Emma and Vinnie this color, sticker book with a nativity scene you can build in it. Tija and her dad worked on this also this past week.


The Montana Grizzlies finished their season last weekend with a win against rivals the Montana State Bobkittens. (Bobcats). They also won their first round of playoffs this weekend against the Texas State Bobcats (go figure). Off the Griz go again to the Championships! At least we hope so.
Go Griz!
Its so exciting to see what Tija will be coming home with each day attached is a few of her Thanksgiving creations.We had visitors stop by on their way through Missoula today. Joshua (who made the blog about 1.5 years ago) Aspen and their parents Ryan and Melanie came through town on their way back to Rexburg Idaho. Ryan is also and Architect and Melanie is a dance teacher and she also teaches English at the local college. We love each time they visit. They were only able to stay for lunch but we were happy we were able to see them.

We were also invited to Gretchens for Thanksgiving and my sister Nik visited us this weekend also. I forgot my camera at dinner and of Nik's visit, DUH! But I will get pics from Gretchen as soon as she sends them to me! You hear me Bob?
Well we have another busy week. Aaron treated Tija and I to Nutcracker tickets in Spokane Friday night, we will head over to Idaho that afternoon. Girls night out ONLY! Yeah! Poor Jorga is not ready to go to the ballet but hopefully next year she will have figured out that screaming is not proper ballet etiquette. Ha! Until next week!
The Duponts


0 comments: